"City of Veterans Memorials"
The City of Randall and the word Veteran have always been synonymous
with each other. Randall has had a close relationship with
the military since the Civil War. This relationship increased
in 1930 when Camp Ripley (7 miles east) was selected as a year around
training location for the National Guard.
Randall currently has four memorials dedicated to all male and female
veterans from Randall and the surrounding area. Three were
dedicated by Randall VFW Curtis-Olson Post 9073. The other
memorial was dedicated by the Randall Womens Civil League more than
50 years ago.
Memorial Number 1
This memorial is located on Superior Avenue (Old US Highway 10)
one block south of the Randall water tower. This memorial
was built by the Randall Womens Civic Organization more than 50
years ago. This memorial is scheduled to be renovated in the
fall of 2013.
Memorial Number 2
This memorial is located at the Randall City Cemetery. To
see this memorial please take US Highway 10, turn left onto County
Road 14 (North entrance to Randall), turn left onto County Road
1, the cemetery is on the left one quarter mile south on County
Memorial Number 3
memorial is actually part of the Randall VFW Curtis-Olson
Post # 9073 building on Pacific Avenue. Veterans, their families
and friends can purchase a brick with their name and area of service
for $85.00. The brick is installed in the wall for all who visit
to show their appreciation for the veterans service.
Memorial Number 4
The newest veterans memorial has been approved by the Randall VFW
Curtis-Olson Post 9073 membership. The Dedication Ceremony
was held on June 16, 2012.